Terms And Conditions
- This internet service for the provision of foreign currency is provided by Jubilee Tourist Information Centre Limited (trading as Covent Garden FX). Jubilee Tourist information Centre Limited is registered in England and Wales under number 04136378. Our trading address is 30a Jubilee Market Hall, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 8BE. All references to in these Terms and Conditions shall be to Jubilee Tourist Information Centre.
- The Service is only available to UK residents aged 18 or over for delivery within the United Kingdom only.
- The Service may only be used to order foreign currency for holiday or business travel.
- By placing an order, you are confirming to us that you are the registered bank account customer and that you are not ordering foreign currency for illegal purposes and that no sums paid by you to us are tainted by criminal activity. You are also confirming that you will provide us with such information as we may reasonably require by us in order to process your order, including such information we may require to meet our obligations under anti money laundering laws and regulations.
- By ordering foreign currency from us, you are also confirming to us that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- The Service is only available for the currencies listed from time to time on the online ordering screen on our website. We will quote to the nearest available denomination that we stock.
- Any information provided by us in relation to your use of the Service does not constitute financial advice. We also do not warrant the accuracy of any information provided by us in relation to your use of our website and the Service.
- A maximum order value limit for foreign currency applies. The combined total of all your orders in any two calendar week period is subject to a maximum order value of £17,000 (excluding any handling or delivery charge). There is no minimum order value. We reserve the right to alter at our discretion, the minimum and maximum order values at any time.
- You agree to provide all the information required by us in order to process your order. We reserve the right to request further information from you should it be needed at any time.
- When placing an order, you warrant to us that the details and information provided to us are correct.
- Our website will display confirmation details of your order. We would recommend you print a copy of the confirmatory screen for your records. We will also send you an email confirming your order.
- Once confirmed, an order cannot be cancelled or amended.
- In the event that there are significant or material fluctuations in the exchange rates between us accepting your order and its despatch, we reserve the right to cancel your order without notice and liability to you.
- We reserve the right to refuse orders for foreign currency for any reason at our discretion.
- You will be required to pay for the foreign currency in Sterling at the time of ordering by either bank transfer or by cash.
- The billing or other addresses registered to your bank account must match the delivery address for your order.
- We do not charge any commission on the foreign currency bought from us.
- We do not charge any fees.
- Orders will be processed at the foreign exchange rate quoted on our website at the time you placed your order.
- There is a £6.00 Insurance charge for postal orders if the order is below £750.
- Orders will only be delivered to the billing or other addresses registered to the account holder.
- Your foreign currency will be delivered by the Royal Mail special delivery service. We are not liable to you for late delivery if Royal Mail has failed to meet its delivery obligations. Delivery is also subject to Royal Mails special delivery conditions.
- Orders for Euro and USD must be placed before noon for next working day delivery this is not guaranteed. Orders placed on a Friday will not be delivered until the following week. Any orders for (i) Euro and/or USD placed after noon, on weekends or bank or public holidays; and/or (ii) other currencies offered, are likely to be delivered in two to three working days. Deliveries are not made on bank or public holidays. Please note that delivery to certain remote places within the United Kingdom may take longer.
- A signature will be required on delivery. Proof of identification / address may be required if you have to collect your foreign currency from the Royal Mail if the original delivery is undelivered.
- Subject to condition 7, provided Royal Mail has obtained a signature at the delivery address, we shall have no further liability to you. We are also not liable for fraudulent acts committed by any third party.
- If you do not accept delivery of your foreign currency for any reason or if you do not collect your foreign currency from the Royal Mail and the foreign currency is returned to us, we will issue you with a refund. We reserve the right to deduct a handling charge from any refund.
- "Delivery Date" means the date which the client prefers to have the currency funds he has purchased despatched to him.
- Covent Garden FX does not guarantee next day delivery or guarantee that your required delivery date will be met in any way however we shall use our best endeavours to deliver on your required date. We will not be held liable for any issues, expenses or costs arising from not delivering on the date you have stated.
- We will attempt to send your order so that it reaches you on or before the date specified when placing your order. We are not responsible for late-delivery where the Postal Service has failed to meet the requirements of the Royal Mail Special Delivery service.
- Any losses incurred by you, which are caused as a result of us delivering your order to a delivery address supplied by you in error, will be borne by you.
- Deliveries to areas specified by the Royal Mail under general exceptions will be subject to the Royal Mails delivery schedule.
- You accept that failed or missing deliveries will not be immediately refunded but dealt with under the terms of the Royal Mail’s investigation. Once their investigation and our subsequent insurance claim on your behalf (where appropriate) is complete only then will any refund be payable.
Foreign Currency Restrictions, Financial Sanctions and Money Laundering
- There may be foreign currency import and export restrictions both in the United Kingdom and other countries that may be applicable. By placing an order you are confirming that you are aware of certain UK, UN, EU and international sanctions which prohibit the free movement of funds, goods and services to and from certain designated countries, regimes, entities and individuals. Further, information on these sanctions can be found on the Financial Sanctions page of the Bank of England website www.bankofengland.co.uk.
- We may refuse to process an order if we reasonably believe that processing might be a breach of a UK, UN, EU international sanction or money laundering rule.
Buy-back of foreign currency
- You can change your foreign currency back into Sterling at commision free rates.
Covent Garden FX Replacement Orders and Returns Policy
- If you do not receive your order, please contact us straightaway. We will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from late or non-delivery by Royal Mail. If Royal Mail fails to deliver your order, including the loss of your order, or if an order is fraudulently accepted by anyone unbeknown to you, then we will lodge an investigation with Royal Mail. Some investigations can take up to 25 Business Days before knowing if we can offer you a full refund or not. In some circumstances, we may be able to offer you a full refund of your money sooner but in all circumstances, the earliest a refund can be given will be after 10 Business Days of dispatch. This is under the Royal Mails Term and Conditions.
- If the order you received is less than you actually ordered, please contact us straightaway. We will undertake an investigation and if we consider it appropriate following completion of our investigation, we will either: (i) send you an amount of the relevant foreign currency equal to the difference between your actual order and what you received; or (ii) refund the amount of the difference in Sterling at the original order value. If you have not contacted us on the day of delivery of your original order to report an alleged discrepancy, we shall have no liability to you whatsoever for any such alleged discrepancy nor shall we investigate the matter.
- If the amount of the order received by you is greater than you actually ordered, you undertake to return the excess to us by Royal Mail special delivery service within 7 days of receipt. We will reimburse the postage costs incurred by you.
Limitation of Liability
We will use reasonable skill and care in providing the Service. We will not be liable to you:
- if we cannot perform any of our obligations due to the failure of any system (technical or otherwise) or for any other reasons beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, terrorism, war, natural disaster, government action and industrial action;
- for any damage to your systems or computer equipment as a result of using our website or the Service;
- for any loss or damages incurred by you as a result of using our website or the Service which arise as a result of changes made to our website by unauthorised third parties;
- where links are provided from our website to other websites which do not belong to us or any of our affiliates, for any loss or damages or offence caused or allegedly caused by your access to or use of such third party websites;
- for any failure by you to provide us with the correct information;
- for any expenses, claims, damages or losses suffered or incurred by you from your use of our website or the Service (including without limitation any indirect or consequential loss, loss of profit, business, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings whether in contract or in delict or tort), howsoever caused.
- Our total liability to you in respect of each use of the Service shall be to refund the total purchase price (including any handling charge) of the relevant foreign currency order.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will limit our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees or agents, or for fraud. Your statutory rights are not affected by the provisions of this paragraph.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to change from time to time and without notice.
- Your continued use of the Service constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as modified from time to time.
Contact Details / Complaints
If you wish to contact us or register a complaint with us, please contact us by:
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- telephone on 0207 240 9921; or
- letter to
Customer Services Department,
Covent Garden is the trading name of Jubilee Tourist Information Center. Registered in England with no. 04136378.
30a Jubilee Market Hall,